Dear BVM Members,
Thank you for your amazing generosity! Only eight (8) months into this journey, and we’re already well over 100 Members strong. The sole mission of our membership is to support the Catholic Charities Mother of Mercy Free Medical Clinic, a charitable endeavor that is helping to create a Culture of Life in the site of a former abortion clinic.
We have Members donating between $5.00 and $1,000 per month. With an average recurring gift of $63.50, we’ve been able to donation $81,500 to the Clinic since November 2017! That’s an average of more than $10,000 per month.
With our current Membership, we should be able to send an average monthly donation of $8,000 to the Clinic to cover its costs!
But the clinic continues to blossom – beyond our most optimistic expectations – to meet a need that is so great. To meet this need, the clinic has already nearly doubled the hours for patients, and it has added more wrap-around services to meet their complex medical needs.
These services include on-site access to specialists including cardiologists, orthopedists, chiropractors, physical therapists and dietitians. There is even a weekly exercise group now.
As we just heard in today’s gospel from Matthew: “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few” (MT 9:38). To that end, our goals for this month are two-fold:
- Prayer made this story of redemption possible, and prayer will be our surest path forward. We want to make sure we never forget that. So we’re launching a prayer campaign, for the clinic, the volunteers and staff, and the clients.
- Please prayerfully consider what you can commit to and send your monthly prayer commitment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re hoping to build out a beautiful spiritual bouquet and pass it on to Alexandra Luevano and the incredible volunteers at the Catholic Charities Mother of Mercy Free Clinic.
Members Making Members!
- The clinic has already seen amazing growth and results, and BVM needs to grow our Members to help sustain this Culture of Life.
- This month we’re asking every current member to recruit one additional member! Tell them the story, invite them to read all the materials and even make a visit, and exhort them to become a recurring support member! Many hands make light work, and there is plenty of work in God’s Vineyard.
- Remember our web site at www.BVMTrustFoundation.org has the whole story and links to become a Member.
One final thing: Several of you have asked how you can increase your monthly donation.
The easiest way to just e-mail Jim Koehr at jkoehr@BVMTrustFoundation.org, and he can take care of it in the background on your behalf.
As always, thank you for being a part of this amazing local redemption story. God bless you and keep you.
Thank you for being a part of this amazing local story of redemption!
BVM Foundation Board of Directors